At Haslam Park Primary School we understand that from time to time family life can have its complications. These may be the times when you need some extra help and support.
To support and advise you at such times we have an Early Help Offer.
The Safeguarding Team can offer advice on a range of concerns or can signpost parents to other sources of information, help and support. Your safeguarding team is Ms. Kempster, Miss. Barnes, Mrs. Roughley and Mrs. Griffin but you can talk to any staff member, Our safeguarding governor is Mrs. Ahmed.
What sort of concerns might parents share with our team?
A wide range of issues such as behaviour management, financial worries and debts, domestic abuse, housing concerns, mobility difficulties, bereavement and loss, cyber bullying - in fact any concerns which you are worried might be having a negative impact on your child(ren).
What might we offer in response to your concerns?
- 1 x mental health first aid trained practioner
- 1 x senior mental health trained first aid practitioner
- Full time family support worker
- Breakfast Club
- Learning Together sessions
- Lunchtime Play Leaders
- Induction sessions for children starting Reception class, including home visits
- Signs of Safety toolkit
- In house safeguarding protocols (1 DSL, 3 ASLs, 1 named Governor)
- Bespoke learning interventions e.g. reading, maths, phonics
- In house audit tool to gauge children’s perseverance, attitude to learning, self-esteem & relationships which leads to bespoke planning for cohorts and individuals- PASS survey
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Parent Information Sessions (academic and pastoral, eg Phonics workshops, County Lines workshops)
- SEND Parents Drop ins
- Forest School
- A plethora of after school extra curricular activities
- Gym Trail
- Government Fruit and Vegetable Scheme
- Use of washing machine/shower
- 2nd Hand Uniform/Swap Shop
- Educational Intervention team support
- Curriculum provision and additional work from outside agencies support our children in learning how to keep themselves safe
- Parent and toddler group
Who might the school refer to?
- The Early Help Team
- Children and Young People's Services
- Counselling Services
- School Nurse
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Educational Psychologist
- Young Carers
- Ladywood Outreach
Contact us when you have a concern which is affecting your child(ren). We will always try and see you quickly or give you a call to find out what the problem is and arrange to meet and discuss it with you.
Wigan Road, Bolton, Lancashire, BL3 5QL