Winter Art Competition Entries
We are absolutely amazed at the response to our Winter Art Competition. Your creativity and unique ideas have really impressed us. Here are some of the entries we received. Winners will be announced on our 'Christmas Festival Day'.
Haslam Park Primary School have registered to work towards achieving an "Artsmark award".
Why have we chosen to do this?
- To build our young people's confidence, character and resilience through creativity.
- To support the health and wellbeing of pupils through arts and culture.
- Strengthen pupil voice and develop young people's leadership skills through Artsmark.
- Tp meet Ofsted's requirements for Quality of Education by using Artsmark's flexible framework to maintain a broad and ambitious curriculum that connects learning across all subjects.
- To access professional support, advice and resources to strengthen our Arts provision.
- To develop new partnerships and links.
Over the coming months Haslam Park will be working with the children, staff and wider community in order to help us achieve our goal of gaining an Artsmark award.
Keep checking this page to see all our latest achievements and news regarding our Artsmark journey.
Click below to find out more information about Artsmark.
Remembrance Day Art and Poetry work
Diwali Day 2020
As part of our Artsmark journey we are committed to equality of opportunity to arts and cultural experiences. That is why we are having 'Festival Days' in our school. In November we had a 'Diwali Day' where all the school immersed themselves in activities and celebrations related to this Hindu festival. The children took part in some Bollywood dancing and created Rangoli patterns, Mendhi hand patterns and Diwa Lamps. Some of the children were isolating at home but they still took part by uploading their pictures from home. It was such a fun day!
17th and 19th November 2020
Some of the children have been extremely fortunate to have a Zoom call with a member of the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra. We spoke to a member of the orchestra- Lily Whitehurst- who plays the violin. We got to listen to her play and then she answered some of our questions.